The blockchain has become a prominent solution since 2010, every business firm is trying to integrate it in the business world and experiencing its maximum potential use-cases solution. The blockchain can categories into two: public blockchain and private blockchain.
A public blockchain is widely used around the world, where it provides user identity anonymity. On the other hand, a private blockchain is entirely developed for enterprise use cases. The private and public blockchain adaption is all-around necessary for the business sector. Ethereum is the widely accepted public blockchain and Hyperledger is the widely accepted private blockchain.
Introduced by Linux foundation under the pseudonym Hyperledger umbrella project. It consists of many more organizational level project, which meets the solution for different use-cases experienced by an organization. The Hyperledger projects include well-known sub-projects like fabric, sawtooth, etc. The hyperledger fabric is considered as the extensively accepted private network which is particularly built for enterprise-level applications.
Advantages of hyper ledger fabric
- Particularly aims for a private enterprise-level business.
- Business partners can communicate with each other.
- They can peg an asset with value.
- Business owners can transfer anything which has a monetary value.
- All the transactions are recorded safely in the network.
- The transaction details will be available only to the network participating members.
- Private transaction facility is available inside the private network
Ethereum is considered as a favorite public blockchain network in the field of blockchain space. Unlike a private network, which doesn't have any token transferring facility, ethereum provides full fetched token transferring facility via a smart contract system. Ethereum is powered by a fully decentralized end to end protocol where the end-user can access, anywhere from the world.
Advantages of ethereum:
- It provides a complete decentralized public network.
- Anyone can participate in the network.
- The identity of the user will be bound on a public/private key pairs.
- The user can participate in the network from anywhere in the world.
- It provides complete user-level privacy
Ethereum is a decentralized network, which means it is not controlled by any single entity and avoiding centralization makes the network more secure and every peer system will hold a copy of the data ledger. The main features of the ethereum network are each transaction is encrypted via cryptography. Each transaction uses ether(cryptocurrency of ethereum) as a fuel for the correct execution of the transaction. The public blockchain like ethereum is powered by a cryptocurrency that acts as a fueling agent in transaction execution.
|It is a private network||It can be a private/public network|
|Participants identity are open||Participants are anonymous|
|No in-built cryptocurrency||Ether is acted as fuelling cryptocurrency|
|Suitable for enterprise-level application||Suitable for open-world|
|Smart contract support ||Smart contract support with the token|
|No public/private key pair||Interaction by public/private key pair|